The Jury Department is responsible for the selection and processing payment to the jurors used by the 21st Judicial District Court in Livingston Parish. The judges set the guidelines for the number of people impaneled for civil and criminal juries.
All jurors should report to the Jury Holding Room on the first floor of the Livingston Parish courthouse.
- Be a United States and Louisiana citizen who has resided in Livingston Parish for at least one year immediately preceding jury service
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Not be under interdiction or incapable of serving because of a mental or physical infirmity
- Not be under indictment, incarcerated under an order of imprisonment, or on probation or parole for a felony offense within the five-year period immediately preceding jury service.
Received a summons to appear for jury duty?
Call 225-686-1525 the evening before your appearance date for reporting instructions
The following exemptions may be claimed:
- You were selected and served as a juror in the 21st Judicial District Court within the last two years of your reporting date
- You are 70 years of age or older
If you feel you do not meet the above qualifications or wish to claim an exemption, you must contact the Judges Chambers at 225-686-7461.