The Jury Department is responsible for the selection and payment processing of the jurors used by the 21st Judicial District Court in Livingston Parish. The judges set the guidelines for the number of people impaneled for civil and criminal juries.
All jurors should report to the Jury Holding Room on the first floor of the Livingston Parish courthouse. A juror receives $25 per day plus 16¢ per mile traveled from and to his or her residence as listed on the subpoena.
- Be a United States and Louisiana citizen who has resided in Livingston Parish for at least one year immediately preceding jury service
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Not be under interdiction or incapable of serving because of a mental or physical infirmity
- Not be under indictment for a felony nor have been convicted of a felony for which you have not been pardoned
Received a summons to appear for jury duty?
Call 225-686-1525 or 866-686-1525
the evening before your appearance date for reporting instructions
There are three exemptions which may be claimed:
- You have performed jury service in the 21st Judicial District Court within the last two years of your reporting date
- Serving would result in an undue hardship or extreme inconvenience
- You are 70 years of age and older
If you feel you do not meet the above qualifications or wish to claim an exemption, you must contact the Judges Chambers at 225-686-7461.